Monday, August 21, 2006

Clear Glass

A remembrance of who I was
A realization of who I’ve become
The utter workings of Your mighty hand
Leave me speechless and stunned
O who am I to deserve the grace You’ve given
And the blessings You have bestowed?
Still willingly and freely You give
Beckoning me to be Your own
O that I once considered the price too great
To deny myself and follow after You
Praises ceaselessly roll off my tongue
That the old is gone, and at last You bring the new
O that my words will never be enough
To declare the wonders You have done
Surrendered lives laid at the throne of righteousness
Now walking in the light of Your Son
O how beautiful is the sight my eyes now behold
To see the promises that through You abound
The covenants You have made and will fulfill
Through my ears will ring a heavenly sound
O how my heart wells in fervent joy
Because of the richness of Your love
I weep tears of sweetness for You
O Father in Heaven, who Thou art above

No comments: