Saturday, August 12, 2006

Beginnings of Reflection

Give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done. Sing to him; yes, sing his praises. Tell everyone about his miracles. Exult in his holy name; O worshipers of the LORD, rejoice! Search for the LORD and for his strength, and keep on searching. Think of the wonderful works he has done, the miracles and the judgments he handed down, O children of Abraham, God's servant, O descendants of Jacob, God's chosen one. He is the LORD our God. His rule is seen throughout the land. Psalm 105:1-7 (NLT).

The end of project and where I am at now leaves me in a mix of emotions. It's bittersweet project is over, yet I was ready for it to be so. I really desire to be home but need these two weeks for rest. However, I am not a slave to my feelings. Instead, I turn to the Word and allow it to guide me and lead me. I love this Psalm as it describes what I am doing now and am setting out to do in particular over these next two weeks.

I am ready to be home now, but know that these next two weeks will only prepare me more for that time. Praise be to God who has "paused" my life for two weeks in order that I may reflect and remember all that God has done...oh the infinitude of that! I can't wait to reflect on all of this so I can take all that God has taught me and done in me this summer with me into what lies in store!

I will attempt to blog on some of the key themes over the next two weeks, but it's all in God's hands. God is so good, so sovereign, and so worthy of all our praise!

No comments: