Thursday, February 09, 2006

Praise Him in the Storm

Casting Crowns: Praise You in this Storm

I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can’t find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

It’s interesting how when we conquer one spiritual battle and one area in which Satan gets his foothold in, that he takes us to another level more difficult to battle. And still it is a process, in which we conquer and go to the higher battles. We’re always fighting for a cause, and the cause in my life is Christ. Lately after finishing a good book, Waking the Dead, God’s shown me how critical having my heart strong and completely with Him is, because His glory is revealed when we are fully alive. So after realizing and conquering that battle, Satan’s brought another one, which is casting me down with feeling pretty crappy so I don’t want to do anything, the most of all these, praise God in the midst of this storm. The last two days have been such a paradox in so many ways, because I feel so lousy yet I am doing so good. My heart is in the right place and I can’t help but praise God for all He’s done. I come to Him with all that I am and all that I have, and at this moment, it’s basically nothing, but still I come and He rewards that. I can’t tell you how sweet it is. I am not sufficient on my own to fight these battles; it is only by His power and strength that I can, and so when I am stripped away to nothing, I must fully rely on His strength and that is when I see His glory revealed in such a significant way. It is no longer I but Him who does these things through me. He overcomes in huge ways, and He will always overcome. It’s come to the point that I don’t really care if I feel crappy the rest of my days, because so much more in these times I realize and know who God is and rely on Him alone. That is what I long to live for and that is who I long to be, a woman after His own heart. So let Satan bring on the battles, them ever increasing in their difficulty. It is through these battles that my God will be glorified ever more. I know that I can’t fight these on my own, but I always have the Lord on my side and that is more than sufficient for me. I am here and I submit to Him alone. And still I will sing at the top of my lungs, still I will dwell in His goodness, still I will spread His love, and still, I will praise Him in this storm.

No comments: