Monday, February 20, 2006

Destination Set, Journey Unsure

Have you ever driven at night and you know where you're supposed to end up, but because it's night, you really don't know where you are at the present time? However, you know you're on the right road to get you to where you ultimately need to be, so you trust in that though the journey is unsure. And one thing that gives you security is looking up at the stars, and how they are always there and unchanging despite your location, no amount of clouds can disprove their existence nor light of day.

Such is my situation at the present. I know my destination and that I am on the path I need to be on, but my journey is a bit unsure. I'm in the dark a bit as to where I am at the present is going to get me closer to where I need to be...but still I know I am on the right road and I will trust in that. And still I will trust in my God who is like the stars above...ever present, unchanging, and no matter what my circumstances, they will never hide the fact He exists. In fact, they only prove that more. This is why in the situation I am in now I will not stop or run away from because in these trials I only see clearer and know God better as a result. My prayer is that He will bring whatever He wishes, because though my journey is unsure, my destination is set.

No comments: