Monday, February 13, 2006

Longing to Serve

Such a longing to serve, one which is difficult to put into words. Such a burden on my heart for those lost or in the temporary darkness, one that wants to give everything. Such a renewal and restoring by my Lord that needs to be poured out. Such are the many in need but don't want or realize the healing power of Christ. Such is the love I have inside that aches for others that makes me want to serve ever more. And the bitter taste in my mouth of a kind of stagnation--I can't bear. I am called to love. I am called to serve. And I will be there for my brothers and sisters in Christ and all those who don't know or follow Him. Because this love that I bear is much too strong and powerful for me to bottle up. It is my prayer that these opportunities will abound, because at the moment, I see few and I need more. I pray that those in need will come or allow me to serve them, because that is my heart's cry, and I know the goodness and mercy of the Lord will always be present.

No comments: