Saturday, February 18, 2006

Adventure


How often do we truly branch out of our comfort zone, not just in our surroundings, but within ourselves? I found myself pondering that question the past couple of days as I came down to San Diego with my roommate for the long weekend. Not a big deal, it may seem, as I always want to experience new places and am open and adventurous, but there's always that slight tinge that makes me wonder what am I doing when I do so. A new place is unfamiliar and so it causes me to be hesistant at first...a strange reaction for one who dreams of such adventures. And as I got the chance to spend the entire day with an atheist, that proved to be an adventure as well. For how can two people so opposite come together in the other's company and find a common ground of sorts? Only by the grace of God...to let His love speak louder than any words I could possibly say, and that is what moves people. I praise Him for this friendship that is beginning that is such an answer to prayer.

And as for adventure? Yesterday as I found myself in this hesistant state, God asked me, "where's your sense of adventure?" and to that I replied, "It's always here as long as I know I am in Your arms, Dear Lord." He stated, "My Child, You always are...embark with me." And so I embark, not just today, but starting today for the rest of my life. Let me always embark on the adventure He has for me, for I can rest securely in the knowledge that I am always in His arms...

No comments: