Saturday, January 21, 2006

Overcome

I don't know if I have ever quite seen Satan personified as I did tonight or in the way I did tonight. I don't think I've ever seen Satan so visibly among people here as I did tonight. I'm not going to get into the details but basically he was walking and working in so many of the hearts and minds of the girls around me in my dorm and in my classes. Whether it be immorality, lust, rebellion, pride, suggestiveness, and more, I could see it and feel it and at first it left me disgusted and sad for the girls. But in the midst of this I know my God is stronger than Satan and in that I trust. In His name I pray that somehow all this will be eventually used for good. I am reminded of a friend of mine who I stayed up with while she recovered from a pretty heavy night of drinking and I remember the grace of God through the situation and our hearts. He overcame. And still He will overcome. Satan can do all he wants but he will not take over the lives of these girls I am surrounded by. By prayer, I won't let it happen. And I will do all I can to allow the grace of God to move through me once again. My God will overcome.

No comments: