Sunday, January 08, 2006

Cardboard and Glue

Cardboard and glue...related back to God...hmm too much time spent doing architecture projects. But as I work on this model I find a lot of parallelisms to different things...

These models call for precision, and that means cutting, measuring, drawing, doing everything to the exact specifications it calls for. The glue must not be showing but rather be holding everything together being apparently invisible. And it all calls to fit within a shadow.

Lately I have been reminded of and am learning the fact that God creates us in precision. He doesn't just slap together a couple of pieces and say, "yeah, this looks good enough." Rather He labored over every detail to make sure we were created in His image, that his work reflects the Creator. But because of our sinful flesh, we don't bear His image in the way that we should. In His faithfulness He continues to create us and perfect us into His likeness, so that we can represent our Creator.
And He is the glue that holds us together. I break without Him to sustain me and it baffles me how people live without Him. He is the one who keeps me together; He is the source of life.
And I dwell in the Shadow of the Almighty...I fit within His presence, though I don't understand why I am worthy. I praise Him for loving me ever the same, and praise Him for allowing me to be in the place that sustains me, in His presence.
So architecture models can still teach us about God...just have to be looking for it. I love how God speaks to me even through trivial things such as cardboard and glue...:-)

No comments: