Monday, January 16, 2006

Grain of Sand


I am but a grain of sand washed by the water and waves
A speck in the grand scheme of things
It's easy to despair surrounded by so many unknowns
So I cast my cares upon the one who calls me as His own

An ocean so deep signifies His love for me
The waves beckon me to return home
A breathtaking composition is His creation
One that I, as a grain of sand, can belong

Chorus
I was meant to live for moments such as this
When I look into His infinite Holiness
Leaving me in a state of worship
Praising the Father for the good He's done
My cares are washed away by the swell of the waves
Bringing me home...there I belong

I wasn't meant to understand all He brings
For my lack of understanding leaves me on my knees
All of my days, there I must remain
Knowing He called me, a mere grain of sand, by name

No comments: