Thursday, July 13, 2006

Times of Silence

Times of silence prove necessary in our growth and diligence in seeking after God, for in those times God is at work in a way we are seemingly unaware of, only to have it revealed in time. It was so wonderful to talk to my best friend from SLO today after almost a month of basically silence. How faithful God was in that time and how sweet it was to talk to her! We were in silence for quite a while because we didn't know where to begin with what God is doing and has done! The question was asked, "what has God been doing?" and we found the appropriate question to be "What hasn't God been doing?" Our God is a mighty God doing amazing things!

I think one of the biggest lessons for me this summer and in particular right now is to wait in those times of silence and hold fast to truth, combating all spiritual warfare that may come my way in that time. By God's strength it is doable! And how much more blessed are things in His perfect, untainted, beautiful timing!

"Be silent before me, you islands! Let the nations renew their strength! Let them come forward and speak; let us meet together at the place of judgment. Who has stirred up one from the east, calling him in righteousness to his service? He hands nations over to them and subdues kings before him. he turns them to dust with his sword, with windblown chaff with his bow. He pursues them and moves on unscathed, by a path his feet have not traveled before. Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord, with the first of them and with the last--I am He. I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, You are my servant; I have chosen you and not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:1-4, 9-10

No comments: