Saturday, July 01, 2006

God's Provision

Just have to share this:

About half of the project went out to dinner tonight for one of the girls' birthdays in Westwood, about 20 min away. I drove and we found a good parking spot on the street so we just had to pay the meter for 2 hours, instead of 5+ dollars. We went and enjoyed a good dinner and then it had been past two hours and so we're hightailing it back to my car so I won't get a ticket. Well on the way back, I realized I didn't have my keys; I couldn't find them, for they weren't in my purse, and I figured they had to have been dropped somewhere. We kept walking back because we would at least put more money in the meter so I wouldn't get a ticket and praying my keys would show up somewhere. We get back to my car, and I looked inside to see if they had been locked in and they weren't; I looked around to see if they had been dropped and didn't see anything, and then I look to my windshield. There, tucked under my wipers, were my keys. I must've dropped them by my car and someone found them and put them there. My car could've easily been stolen in the two hours we were gone, but God totally watched out for me.

It comes back to something God's been teaching me as of late: don't concern yourself with trifle things, for God is bigger, more sufficient, and will always provide. He always does!

How good it is to be the child of a Father who watches out for us constantly! :-)

2 comments:

Colin said...

Man God really watches out for your keys! Yeah Jesus.

Christina said...

elise! i miss you! i hope you got home safely from project :)