Friday, March 31, 2006

Escape these Borders

I had the blessing of having a conversation with one of my best friends and accountability partner here today and it was amazing. Can I just say how much of a blessing you are to me? You know who you are, and I love you to death!

God has been lacing His love through every moment and I've seen it so much today. In this He's showing me my desires that are coming from His heart. I'll only speak of one here, and that is how I don't want to be in the United States for much longer; I know I'm probably here for 5 years at least though. As I get more distant from the culture, the closer I get to Him, and I know there is so much more He can do with me and through me if I am away from the United States.

I know I need to be in prayer about this, but frankly I am tired of the attitudes we "privileged" Americans have. I wonder why in a country blessed with so many resources such as money, we use it so poorly. I wonder why with all of the media we have, we continue to see it portray more and more worthless and sinful messages. I wonder why with all of the information we have, especially with Christianity today, why there aren't many, many more souls turned over to Christ. I keep coming back to the fact that this is a nation riddled with sin and pride, far from the roots the Founding Fathers had. I'm reminded of Jesus in the marketplace/temple area and how He threw over tables and told the people there that His house is a house of prayer (Matthew 21:12-13). At this point, I know there is going to have to be a lot of God's wrath shown in order to bring this country and its people to repent for denying the God of existence.

And though I know God will use me here in whatever time He wishes me to be here, I want to share the Gospel to the ends of the earth...it's a longing difficult to put into words. I want to escape these borders and escape the box that this country puts on God. I want to go to those countries that have next to nothing because they realize they have so much more to gain in Christ, for "how hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!" (Luke 18:24).

There is much to be seen and much to be done in the time I am here in the United States, but how I do long for the day in which I can leave these borders.

Psalm 24
The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters. Who may ascend the hill of the LORD ? Who may stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false. He will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God his Savior. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob. Lift up your heads, O you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty- he is the King of glory.

No comments: