Friday, March 24, 2006

Father

Fallen over yet another rock in the ground
Wondering what it is that keeps bringing him down
Is it because of his lack of good works or ability to do?
Perhaps something that happened in a life before?
Oh the illusion drawn that proves so fickle
Unable to open his heart and mind
Too hurt by the scars that have lingered over time
Father, I pray he will be able to embrace You in the way he never has
For the longing knaws at him so deep inside
Yet after all these years he can’t escape his pride
Father, I pray You will break down the fortress walls in his life
For he keeps seeking yet always hides
He attempts to find in the comfort what he can only find in the exposed
The source of life inside he believes is already there
Father, I see You are working in his mind yet there is a bitter enemy to his soul
Casting an illusion on what really is
Father, I pray for him that You will always fight
Show him your mercy made new every day, show him
That You are the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
Father, I pray that you will open his eyes, allow him to see
The love that burns for him within Your heart
Father, I pray You will speak to him as a father
Fill the extreme void left by his earthly one
Bring him to a place where he falls on his knees and worships only You
Let him accept the gift You so freely give
I’ll stand and watch the transformation of a renewed soul
As You give him what only You can give.
Heavenly Father, bless my father
As You have blessed me immensely with him.
Thank you, O my Father, You are worthy of all praise!

No comments: