Sunday, May 27, 2007

Winds of Change

It has been some time since I wrote last, and there is no way I will be able to capture what has happened in that time since. The picture above is a not so great picture of the baby birds (4) that we have outside of our apartment door in our light fixture. These birds have brought me great joy because one, I like birds, but moreso, they bear a symbol of sorts for me right now. They are newly emerged from the shell of growth, where they are beginning to open their eyes and see the world around them. They continue to wait on the daddy to feed them and the mom to comfort them until the time comes in a couple of weeks that they will begin to learn how to fly. It will be difficult for them at first, seeing as how they are pretty scrawny right now, but they will learn in time...

Oh much change and growth within me has occured, and I have finally reached the point where I have been able to open my eyes and understand what it is that God has been doing in me over this last year. It's been such a painful refining and reworking of my heart, something that He has never touched to this extent before. But now I see and understand, and it's such a beautiful thing. My wings have come as my Daddy has taught me and I am beginning to trust those which He has developed and begin to fly.

And I am continually struck by how much change has happened...things are so different. In the light of His wonderful power, strength, and grace, my eyes have changed. It's like how it was last year but even more so, as I have learned significant lessons on top of that since that time.

I don't really have anything profound to say lately because I believe the profound thing is God and who He is...the shaper and changer of hearts. If we look and see who He is and what He does, we will be left with nothing but the realization of how profound He is, and how He transcends all things. That's pretty amazing...

And as I was out and about exploring new places today, I watched the winds blow through the grass and felt the breeze through my hair. I couldn't help but think it was a conclusion to the change that has happened and a beginning for what is to come. Something's changing and coming, and I can feel it...I wonder what it may be. His time will reveal it if need be.

It feels good to fly again...to trust these wings of mine that God has given and created me with and wants me to use. Surely more heights and depths will be reached with this new method of discovery! Praise be to Him who is so good!

No comments: