Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Heavenly

I found the lyrics to this song in one of my journal entries from earlier this quarter. I have listened to it many times since, and it has been putting something into words that I have been unable to as of late. What that is, I don't exactly know, but here they are. I'd encourage you to listen to the song as well, because the way it is done is simply beautiful. Unlike many songs I have heard before. Perhaps that's part of the reason it speaks to me so much, because it is a new sound in a new time...More to come on that soon.

Let the wind fall wild across my path
Even though we barely move, there's no turning back
There is a river, there is a road, place of holy riches untold
It's where I'm supposed to be... my heavenly

I know it never feels right to let go of the safety we're used to holding so tight
But there's a lion underneath these skies
Though love cries, love will rise... my, my, my heavenly

So fly me higher, higher, hope fill me, keep me here
Love lion, my, my...

So when I'm lonely or when I'm old, life is more behind me
All the stories have been told
I can fix my gaze up through the clouds
Where I'm gonna be, where I'm gonna be... my heavenly
My, my heavenly
My heavenly

from Who We Are Instead, by Jars of Clay

No comments: