Thursday, December 20, 2007

Put in my Place


I think so often I look for or expect the profound in every moment...that somehow I will continue to unearth the deep mysteries of God and myself and His movings. I think that as of late as my words and thoughts have been few, I feel I'm not learning or growing in a way that I should be. I've been forgetting that perhaps the reason why I feel so blind as to what is happening is that God's been directing my focus to Him. And in that gaze, I realize that His ways are inscrutable (Rom 11:33).

I don't want to be in a place where I am complacent and not seeking Him in the way I should. Yet I think I see that in my searching for what results are coming from my seeking after the Lord, I miss that the means really are the results. One example is worrying about not being complacent shows that I am not complacent, otherwise it wouldn't come across my mind. In so many ways, the season God has me in now is so contrary to who I am and have always been to some degree, and I try to measure this season based on last season's standards. Yet in this time, the standard is different. The Lord is doing a new thing, and I must choose to acknowledge that, whether or not I perceive it yet. Things are surely changing, as God is on the move...it's pretty exciting! Despite the excitement, it is my prayer that I don't miss out on what God is doing in each moment.

Things will come and go, but God will always remain; He is the true constant.

I guess I've been put in my place if you will; that God is God in heaven and I am here on earth. Therefore I will let my words be few (Ecc 5:2).

He is surely good!
(I took these pictures over Utah/Colorado when I was flying home for break)

No comments: