Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sovereign Lord

Beaten, broken, beyond my control
Cast aside this pursuit of self that has rotted me for long
Surrender one by one, knees then hands then face to the ground
The taste of the dirt shows that the end of self has come
What better can I find than Your hands around my life
Holding everything I’ve dropped or ceased to let go before
How beautiful is being found in You, my Sovereign Lord

Can I say the flittering of my heart is like the leaves in the wind
Moved by the Spirit’s breath and rooted to the source
The night is past and the morn has rose
Your flood of light penetrates me so
How can I keep this heart of mine from singing
Revelation come to bring you praise
Sovereign Lord, I fully find You in this place

It is You to whom I wake
It is You upon whom I wait
It is Your cross of which I take
It is Your life that I embrace
It is fully You, Sovereign Lord, in this place

No comments: