Monday, February 05, 2007

Who am I to Come?

My 200th post here. Wow.

Written 1-31-07

You say come and rest a while
My yoke is easy and light
Though I will continue to bring you
through my refining fire
there is nothing more than your heart that I require

But I say, “Oh Lord, who am I?”
Who am I to enter into Your presence and be transformed
Who am I to bear the name as Your own
And how do I simply stand still
And just simply come?

I know it is by grace I have been saved
And in You at last I have found my home
Yet You say to work out my salvation with fear and trembling
In that, how do I approach Your altar and simply be?

I know the questions just keep on coming
And those questions are not what You require of me
As You have said, You require my heart
And I need to let my silence speak
Dear Lord, will You do this in me?
Still me so that Your face I humbly seek?

No comments: