Friday, February 23, 2007

Tears


It hasn’t rained like this in a while.

Not outside, and definitely not with me.

But today it poured outside, and this week it poured with me.

I must say, the tears have never quite fallen in the way they have this week.

They have been tears of pain, tears of anguish, tears of exhaustion, tears of surrender, tears of emotion, tears of love.

It has been through these tears that I felt extreme pain in letting go the one I never wanted to in order that we may both be found again.

It has been through these tears that I lost myself to emotion in surrender to God’s will.

It has been through these sobs that I have been held by my sister who embraced me over and over again and wouldn’t let me go.

It has been through the cries of the night that my other sister pulled me out of the miry pit and helped me to rest.

It has been through these tears that I met with my dear brother and his watchful care he poured over me.

It has been through these tears that my dear sisters prayed with authority over me that God’s will be done and His face seen.

It has been through these tears that when I lost everything, including myself, I found so much.

It has been through these tears that God has covered me with His truth and watchful love every moment.

It is through these tears that I cried out to God and He has answered and is answering.

It has been through these tears that I have seen His sovereign sway in ways never conceived before.

It has been through these tears that has aligned my heart to my Creator in a way unlike any other.

And tonight, the tears turned into ones of praise of the One who is unspeakably good…

Right now…all of it, my tears say, and I will cease to speak.

Other than this…

Praise be to Him, the One who never lets me go…

No comments: