Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Why

Crawling on the ground
Looking down, so far from where I should be
I know how bad the dirt tastes
But still something entices me
Why, oh why, do I choose to fall
When instead, I could be flying free?

All around I see the pain
The scent of blood on their hands
The cackling laughter in the background
A world of heartbreak that surrounds
A world of pain
They don’t know why they’re here
Don’t know what they’re in for
Searching for an empty love
To fulfill an unsatisfied desire

So why am I coming back here?
Even when you fill me with words from Your heart?
Why do I choose this hollow place
Instead of the endless touch of Your grace?
Why do I find myself creeping back here
When I know You await?

Oh Lord, I’ve fallen and I need You to pick me up
My eyes are blurry, please make them clear
My heart is deceptive, take it from me now
I can’t do it on my own
Carry me with your grace and
Help me to remember a better place awaits.
A better place awaits.

No comments: