Friday, May 08, 2009

Temporal Burdens

A reflection on a difficult week where I've been exhausted from the burdens of this world and desperately desiring refuge...

Evasive world this is
slithering and slipping out of my sight
yet it maintains its grasp
The whole world’s on my shoulders
and it’s tied upon my back
I can’t see it now
For all I can see is what I lack

Like a hole created
absence that makes the heart fonder
Emptiness that finds me, finds me now

Put two bricks in my pockets
add another on my head
sooner than later
My feet will be bound by chains
and I’ll try to walk away
I can’t see it now
For all I can see is where I lay

Like a jailbreak needed
Strength that releases these bounds
Freedom that finds me, finds me now

More power in my hands
Satan busy trying to make me lose my way
make me look inside
Hoping I would forget what I always realize
That You are who You say
I can’t see it now
For all I can see is why I pray

Like a child found
Love that wraps me still, wraps around
won’t You carry me home, me home now?

No comments: